What is “Digitizing ‘Chinese Englishmen’?This is a digital project focusing on the creation of “Asian Victorians” in Southeast Asia under British colonialism. It focuses on the digitization and annotation of the Straits Chinese Magazine, a journal produced by the Chinese diaspora in Southeast Asia in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries.
Contribute!We are actively looking for people to help with digitization, annotation, commentary and editing in this project. If you are interested in participating, please contact the site director, Adeline Koh, Ph.D.
- RT @calvinhyj: Finally - Taiwanese passport holders can travel to the US visa-free online.wsj.com/article/SB1000… 3 months ago
- +1 MT @writersyndrome: Indian, Japanese and Syrian women, doctors trained at Women’s Medical College of Philadelphia tmblr.co/ZIziqudOonG0 3 months ago
- RT @calvinhyj: Finally - Taiwanese passport holders can travel to the US visa-free online.wsj.com/article/SB1000… 7 months ago
- Storify of Duke Library Workshop on Text-Mining for the Humanities sfy.co/c8sz @fhi_duke @professmoravec @debgussman @drkj 8 months ago
- .@rybesh #duketext Be excited to the possibilities but BE SKEPTICAL of the hype 8 months ago
- Askay Chang on Straits Chinese Magazine
- Jessica Langer on About
- Saul Fimbrez on About
- Addressing Archival Silence on 19th Century Colonialism – Part 1: The Power of the Archive | Adeline Koh on ‘Chinese Athleticism’
- Addressing Archival Silence on 19th Century Colonialism – Part 1: The Power of the Archive | Adeline Koh on A Victim of ‘Chap-Ji-Ki’